Em 04-06-2014 05:51, Armin K. escreveu:
> On 06/04/2014 08:29 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> I ran into a problem with notifications not working:
>>
>> (nm-applet:7993): nm-applet-WARNING **: Failed to show notification:
>> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:
>> The name org.freedesktop.Notifications was not provided by any .service
>> files
>>
>> Upon investigation, it seems that notification-daemon upstream has
>> stopped putting the .service file in the tarball.
>>
>> I went back to older version and found the file in the 0.4.0 tarball.  I
>> added the file
>>
>> $ cat /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service
>> [D-BUS Service]
>> Name=org.freedesktop.Notifications
>> Exec=/usr/libexec/notification-daemon
>>
>> and notifications started working.  Shall we add this to the book?
>>
>>   -- Bruce
>
> If I recall correctly, it uses an autostart file to start it at login.
> But then again, those only get parsed if you use a session manager
> (gnome-session, kde session manager, lxsession, xfce4-session, etc). So
> adding that one might be a good idea.

Confirmed problem. Partially solved with the .service file.

When disabling network with nm-applet, still getting the message (in a
log file, so never noticed before), but without notification:

(notification-daemon:4269): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 16 was not found
when attempting to remove it
** Message: app.vala:123: /usr/libexec/notification-daemon exit with
this type of exit: 5
** Message: app.vala:141: Exit not normal, reload

and also have the error message:

(nm-applet:4495): nm-applet-WARNING **: Failed to show notification:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name :1.16
was not provided by any .service files

Now, enabling network with nm-applet, get notification and no error
messages, but sometimes instead of "Connected", it displays
"Disconnected", when actually reconnecting.

BTW, Bruce, I added:

cat > /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/51-org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.rules << "EOF"
polkit.addRule( function(action, subject)
{
  if ( action.id.indexOf("org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.") == 0 &&
       subject.isInGroup("wheel") )
  {
     return polkit.Result.YES;
  }
});
EOF

that you mentioned the other day in the thread "network manager and
permissions" and included the group:

groupadd -g 500 wheel

--
[]s,