Armin K. wrote:
On 07/31/2014 11:10 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
Armin K. wrote:
The
changes include rewritten Qt4 and Qt5 instructions so they can be once
again installed alongside each other in /usr, using qtchooser to
dynamically switch between two installations. The instructions were also
simplified so that only one configure line is there and prefix can be
changed before running it.

I'm curious.  If there are two users on the system and user1 wants to
build some packages using qt4 and user2 wants to build using qt5, how is
that possible with qtchooser?

And yes, I've been in that situation, although it was qt3/qt4 at the time.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/blfs-systemd/x/qt4.html

See "Dealing with multiple Qt versions". I believe this was the only
significant improvement over the previous instructions that used qtchooser.

That's not clear to me that it solves the problem. I haven't looked at qtchooser recently, but I thought it created symbolic links so that it changed the current default qt version for everyone. That means that all developers on a system must use the same qt version unless qtchoosser is run again.

Please correct me if I don't understand properly.

  -- Bruce