Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
On 07-11-2014 17:50, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

In my LFS7.1 host (SVN-20120311)

2.  It took a long time to launch the first time, but I suppose that's
OK.  It seems slower, e.g. reply to to this message is my first reply
with SM, but that may resolve itself.

This is the result of the non-optimization. Worse, it regularly makes
something taking 100% of one CPU for a dozen seconds.

First launch is slow for the same reason. Latest 33.0.3 that I have just
updated builds correctly with enable-optimize and starts much faster.
Still have to build and test in this host.

Probably, next SM version will be better in all that.

Very disappointing.

FF-33.0.3 *does* need disable-optimize here. Perhaps the difference is
elsewhere, perhaps a new python version in the dev system, or other new
package.

I am tired now. No energy even to boot the the dev system and start
comparing.

What are the issues when building with enable-optimize?

  -- Bruce