Em 23-09-2015 06:49, Fernando de Oliveira escreveu:
> Em 23-09-2015 02:19, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:

>>> There was one other sed, to ensure that those themes which show a
>>> keyboard flag will get the right flag(s) - I used a variant to force
>>> a British keyboard only, and it gave me the correct flag
>>> (previously, I had an American flag in those themes) -
>>>
>>> sed -e '/Xsetup/ a setxkbmap "gb"' \
>>>         -i.orig data/scripts/Xsetup

I only use -i.orig here, so a can revert without having to untart a new
source or make a copy of the original source code before starting.

I also use for system files, when doing tests, but first search if there
is already such backup, and gve a different extension for the new
backup, such as -i.not.orig or -i.orig2.

>>> However, for me, and probably for a _few_ other people, that sed is
>>> disastrous - it forces the default option for {each,the} selected
>>> language.  I happen to use two personal variants of the gb keymaps,
>>> 'deader' (more dead keys - greek, comma, stroke, horn, hook) and
>>> 'rusphon' (phonetic russian, with some extra cyrillic letters,
>>> mapped to a GB keyboard).
>>>
>>> With that sed, I cannot access any of my additions.  So, I rebuilt
>>> without that sed.

First, due to your problem, this will be moved to "Configuration", with
the sed being applied to

sed -e '/Xsetup/ a setxkbmap "gb"' \
       -i.orig
This will avoid the need to rebuild.

Second, I would like to know how you define your keyboards.

I define mine in

$ cat /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "evdev keyboard catchall"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "evdev"
        Option          "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout" "br"
        Option          "XkbVariant" "abnt2"

It is also defined in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf:
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "evdev keyboard catchall"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "evdev"
EndSection

I am now with lxqt started from sdddm (runlevel 5). I am using:

$ cat /usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup
#!/bin/sh
# Xsetup - run as root before the login dialog appears
#setxkbmap "br,us"
setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout br,us -variant abnt2 -keycodes evdev

This is the configuration of the keyboard:

$ setxkbmap -print -verbose 10
Setting verbose level to 10
locale is C
Trying to load rules file ./rules/evdev...
Trying to load rules file /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev...
Success.
Applied rules from evdev:
rules:      evdev
model:      pc105
layout:     br,us
variant:    abnt2,
Trying to build keymap using the following components:
keycodes:   evdev+aliases(qwerty)
types:      complete
compat:     complete
symbols:    pc+br(abnt2)+us:2+inet(evdev)
geometry:   pc(pc105)
xkb_keymap {
        xkb_keycodes  { include "evdev+aliases(qwerty)" };
        xkb_types     { include "complete"      };
        xkb_compat    { include "complete"      };
        xkb_symbols   { include "pc+br(abnt2)+us:2+inet(evdev)" };
        xkb_geometry  { include "pc(pc105)"     };
};

For facilitating future discussions, these tw other forms also give
information:

$ setxkbmap -print
xkb_keymap {
        xkb_keycodes  { include "evdev+aliases(qwerty)" };
        xkb_types     { include "complete"      };
        xkb_compat    { include "complete"      };
        xkb_symbols   { include "pc+br(abnt2)+us:2+inet(evdev)" };
        xkb_geometry  { include "pc(pc105)"     };
};

and

$ setxkbmap -query
rules:      evdev
model:      pc105
layout:     br,us
variant:    abnt2,

I can change that during the session (doing now):

$ setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout br,us -variant abnt2,dvorak -keycodes evdev
$ setxkbmap -query
rules:      evdev
model:      pc105
layout:     br,us
variant:    abnt2,dvorak

I've tried Xsetup with that command with dvorak.

However, it only modified  sddm-greeter, the session query didn't
display dvorak:

variant: abnt2,

that I understand it is configuring us with default variant.

>>> That will affect anybody who uses a non-default variation in their
>>> keyboard conf file for X (e.g. Dvorak, perhaps US international [ I'm
>>> not sure which are the defaults) ].

Thus, I will include that in the configuration session, with some more
comments, if we agree, which would include the form of defining the
keyboard where it wouldn't work and the "flag us" or "??" (double
question marks" would be preferable, because it will choose the right
one, when you start typing the password.

What do you think?

--
[]s,
Fernando, soon to be called Sisyphus