Hi

On 10/05/2016 10:58 PM, akhiezer wrote:
Since building all the libraries is only 2 SBU, there is not much
advantage to a selective rebuild.

No, sorry, that's not what I meant. I meant, if you have an LFS  7.6
installation whith all stuff on the versions in that book, then an Xorg
Libraries upgrade to the versions in blfs current will break some stuff,
for instance the xorg-server. My question was only if any bodyknows by
chance all the exact stuff that breaks.
Just to cut my rebuild time. But I thinks it's maybe more than just xorg,
the problem is one library that has a new soname, libXRand, I believe.

IIUIC: why not just run a script to see what's linked against the libs
in question - find ... readelf/ldd ... grep ... - usual stuff.

Bacause I wondered if anybody maybe already has done that and knows what needs rebuild. Shortcut, as I said. It was only a question and not a request that somebody starts finding out stuff for me.

Sorry for the noise

Bye
Tim