On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:46:16PM +0100, Tim Tassonis wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm currently building blfs and have hit mesa. Under the recommended
> dependencies, I found  wayland-protocols, which in turn depends on wayland.
>
> As I'm currently not planning to switch to wayland in the near future, I
> wondered if skipping wayland-protocols is fine under my circumstances. The
> page mentions that  GTK+-3.22.28 recommends wayland-protocols, however, I
> seem to have no issues on my old box without it.
>
> Does anybody else use mesa without wayland?

I'll start by asking a different question: do you intend to build
any kde5 applications (or plasma) ?  If you do, I think you will
find that kwayland is required.

But if you don't want to use wayland, I'm fairly sure that you can
pass --disable-wayland-backend.  Looking at the configure script,
you might not even need to do that.

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.