On February 24, 2018 00:06:10 Ken Moffat <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:46:16PM +0100, Tim Tassonis wrote:

Hi all

I'm currently building blfs and have hit mesa. Under the recommended
dependencies, I found wayland-protocols, which in turn depends on wayland.

As I'm currently not planning to switch to wayland in the near future, I
wondered if skipping wayland-protocols is fine under my circumstances. The
page mentions that GTK+-3.22.28 recommends wayland-protocols, however, I
seem to have no issues on my old box without it.

Does anybody else use mesa without wayland?

I'll start by asking a different question: do you intend to build
any kde5 applications (or plasma) ? If you do, I think you will
find that kwayland is required.

No, I'm using xfce as desktop, with some gtk2, gtk3 and qt5 apps mixed in. My current system uses mesa 12 and latest gtk2, gtk3 and qt5 with no problems so far. But you never know.

Bye
Tim

But if you don't want to use wayland, I'm fairly sure that you can
pass --disable-wayland-backend. Looking at the configure script,
you might not even need to do that.

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.