On 10/03/2018 21:52, Tim Tassonis wrote:

> On March 10, 2018 21:07:10 "Armin K." <krejzi....@email.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 2018-03-10 at 20:30 +0100, Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Hi,
> Today I decided to sort out a few problems with the full BLFS build
> I'd done a
> couple of weeks ago. One thing I noticed is that openldap did not
> start, while
> I never has any problem. After messing around, I found that there is
> in
> /etc/openldap/slapd.conf:
> -----
> [...]
> # Load dynamic backend modules:
> modulepath      /usr/lib/openldap
> moduleload      back_mdb.la
> # moduleload    back_ldap.la
> [...]
> -----
>
> Since I'd removed the .la files I tried replacing back_mdb.la with
> back_mdb.so. Did not work. Then I recompiled openldap and installed
> the .la
> files in /usr/lib/openldap. That worked. So the .la files are needed
> in the
> module directory of openldap.
>
> I'll change the instructions about removing .la files accordingly..
>

> You don't need the la files, just change any occurrence of.la in the config
> to.so. Happened to me, too, and I can verify that just specifying the plain.so
> works perfectly.

Hmm, I thought I had tried that (see above). I've not tried removing
completely the extension, as suggested by Armin. Looks like I'll have to
recheck! If you guys are right, I'll need to revert the instructions for
removing .la files, but I'll need to change the instructions for openldap (sed
s/\.la// -i patch/to/slapd.conf, or so).

Pierre

Pierre