On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 08:13:20PM +0300, Thanos Baloukas wrote:
> On 18/05/2018 04:22 πμ, Ken Moffat wrote:
> > On a new build I always use fluxbox as my first windowmanager.  With
> > the current build this has become "unpleasant"
> >
> > This is with the radeon driver, I'm hoping that out of my own build
> > only fluxbox is affected.
> >
> > I assume this is fallout from xorg-server-1.20 rather than from
> > gcc-8.1.
> >

> On an up to date svn installation, mesa built with meson and some
> open ticket updates, e.g. libdmx-1.1.4
>
> Radeon here too. lspci reports Caicos PRO Radeon HD 7450

Mine is a Kaveri, lspci says [Radeon R7 Graphics].

> The windows on fluxbox move fine dragging them by the titlebar.
> Resizing works fine too. All the rest windows' functions perform well
> with left clicking on the title bar's icons or via the title bar right
> click menu. I tried the above on several themes and apps. I did not test
> fluxbox extensively though, since I build it for early xorg testing
> only.

I'm now in icewm - again I cannot move the windows by dragging the
titlebar, but I can click on the window menu and use that to move
them - so the desktop is usable.  I can resize the windows by
dragging the edges.

This is with everything in the book as at 2 nights ago, except using
4.16.9 for hte headers, and then 4.17.0-rc5 for the kernel (I've got
a problem starting unbound-anchor on some machines with 4.17-rc,
including this one but not my ryzen, which I'm guessing is related
to the kernel config).  Oh, and with firefox-60.0.1.

Like you, I only use fluxbox for the initial xorg testing.

I'll stop here for the moment, but will maybe take another look at
fluxbox if time permits.  Hmm, maybe I've forgotten I could
right-click - ISTR that was a fairly-recent change.

ĸen