On 09/14/2018 03:44 AM, Cyrillo Baggins via blfs-dev wrote:
On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 11:05 PM Alain Toussaint via blfs-dev <blfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org <mailto:blfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org>> wrote:

     > Actually I prefer gdisk also, but fdisk from LFS can do msdos
     > partitions
     > as well so I felt gdisk was redundant.

    Just my 0.02$ in that regard but for {u}efi, I prefer dealing with
    gdisk as opposed to parted but then again, I'm not a new user.

why not just use cfdisk, it has the best interface, supports all partition types and works perfectly with an UEFI setup.

cfdisk is already in LFS so is slightly off topic for this discussion.

  -- Bruce