On 11/17/2018 05:18 PM, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 06:33:28PM +0000, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 08:37:25PM -0600, renodr wrote:

Can you give us all a three hour or so notice prior to committing?

My plan is to start at 22:00 UTC (which should be 16:00 in the -0600
timezone).  I expect it to take some time.  Current plan (each step
will be a commit):

0. Merge remaining updates from trunk into branch, check it all fits
together.

1. Merge branch to trunk.  At this point the old perl-modules page
will still be present, but not rendered.

Committed at r20709, remainder still to do.

At this point I'm just blowing off steam about svn, before I calm
down and continue ;-)

That was absolutely horrid.  First, merge requires the revision
numbers (I sort-of expected that, and was ready).  But secondly, it
handles the same thing in both tree (added, or moved, files) really
badly. After going with 'r' (accept current working copy state) I
thought I had fixed jansson, cbindgen, libaio,  But at one of tte
gnome-theses I had to enter my passphrase many times while svn
looked at different revisions before eventually allowing me to
accept incoming deletion.

And then it told me I still had a conflict:
       C general/genlib/jansson.xml
       >   local file obstruction, incoming file add upon merge

After googling, and getting a suggestion 'svn resolve
--accept-working' which did NOT get accepted, I went with svn
resolve and selected M (Replace and merge).

Onwards.

The files in the branch were complete, weren't they? I just would have copied the files from branch to trunk.

cd ~/BLFS/trunk/BOOK/general/prog
svn cp ~/BLFS/branches/perl-modules/general/prog/perl-modules .
etc

  -- Bruce

  -- Bruce