On 3/6/19 2:28 PM, Ryan Marsaw via blfs-dev wrote:
On Wed, 6 Mar 2019, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:

On 3/6/19 1:02 PM, Ryan Marsaw via blfs-dev wrote:
Hello all.

I discovered that if librsvg is installed via the "DESTDIR" method, its
svg loadable module info is not updated in the "loaders.cache" file.

I discovered this when attempting to build the adwaita-icon-theme
package.  When trying to build the svg icons, I got flooded with

"Can't load file: Unrecognized image file format"

Therefore, issuing a "gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache" as root
user needs to be run after installing librsvg using a "DESTDIR" install.

The same message that we have now in gdk-pixbuf?

Correct.  To test this out, I uninstalled librsvg, and then updated the
"loaders.cache" file (thereby removing the references to the "svg"
module) and then proceeded to build adwaita icon theme once again.

"Can't load file: Unrecognized image file format" errors once again.

Once I issued "gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache," the
"loaders.cache" file gets updated.  I ran a diff on the two versions of
loaders.cache (one with librsvg module updated and the one without):

"/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so"
"svg" 6 "gdk-pixbuf" "Scalable Vector Graphics" "LGPL"
"image/svg+xml" "image/svg" "image/svg-xml" "image/vnd.adobe.svg+xml" "text/xml-svg" "image/svg+xml-compressed" ""
"svg" "svgz" "svg.gz" ""
" <svg" "*    " 100
" <!DOCTYPE svg" "*             " 100

By updating the cache there are now entries for "svg."

The cache needs updating only when using the DESTDIR install.

Just now I looked at my logs for the librsvg package and came across
this:

make  install-data-hook
make[4]: Entering directory '/usr/src/librsvg-2.45.5/gdk-pixbuf-loader'
***
*** Warning: loaders.cache not built
***
*** Generate this file manually on host
*** system using gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders
***

Yes, I know I'm using a development build of librsvg but other versions
surely will have the same issue.  I suppose it's because
"gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders" cannot be run as a regular user (or at least,
the loaders.cache file cannot be accessed by a regular user).

OK, will commit the change later today.

  -- Bruce