On 2019-05-11 09:33 -0500, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
> On 5/11/19 1:29 AM, Xi Ruoyao via blfs-dev wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Now BLFS is using mozjs-60 package from ftp.gnome.org.  But it's the
> > "original"
> > mozjs-60.1.0 without any update.  Arch is now using latest mozjs-60.6.3,
> > even
> > Ubuntu is using a newer mozjs-60.2.3.
> >
> > I downloaded Firefox ESR 60.6.3 code and removed everything unrelated to JS
> > engine I could find.  Then I built and installed mozjs-60.6.3 into my
> > system.  I
> > found my GNOME was broken but I could rebuild Gjs to fix it.
> >
> > The extracted mozjs-60.6.3 tarball (it's just a Firefox tarball with many
> > directories removed) has been uploaded to:
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~xry111/mozjs-60.6.3.tar.xz
> >
> > Now, is it worthy to update mozjs-60 version in BLFS book, following Firefox
> > ESR
> > 60?
>
> It would be better to figure out where ESR got the files so we can keep
> it current.  I suppose we could ask him.

Firefox is a giant monolithic repo containing a complete web browser.  We only
want the Javascript engine in it.  If we don't care the download size, we can
use the giant Firefox ESR tarball:

https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-esr60/archive/FIREFOX_60_6_3esr_RELEASE.tar.bz2

To build mozjs:

tar -xf FIREFOX_60_6_3esr_RELEASE.tar.bz2
cd mozilla-esr60-FIREFOX_60_6_3esr_RELEASE
sed '/divert/d' js/src/configure.in > js/src/configure
chmod +x js/src/configure

Then follow the BLFS book.
--
Xi Ruoyao <xry...@mengyan1223.wang>