On 26/06/2019 04:08, DJ Lucas wrote:

> On 6/25/2019 2:55 PM, Pierre Labastie via blfs-dev wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've not gone that far with my elogind testing:
>> ---------
>> pierre [ ~ ]$ startx
>> xauth:  file /home/pierre/.serverauth.2289 does not exist
>>

>> X.Org X Server 1.20.4
>> X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
>> Build Operating System: Linux 5.1.14-lfs-1 x86_64
>> Current Operating System: Linux turbolivirt 5.1.14-lfs-1 #1 SMP Tue Jun 25
>> 18:58:17 CEST 2019 x86_64
>> Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-5.1.14-lfs-SVN-20190618
>> root=/dev/sda2 ro quiet
>> Build Date: 24 June 2019  11:57:25AM
>>
>> Current version of pixman: 0.38.4
>>          Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
>>          to make sure that you have the latest version.
>> Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
>>          (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
>>          (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
>> (==) Log file: "/home/pierre/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log", Time: Tue Jun 25
>> 21:44:33 2019
>> (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
>> (EE)
>> Fatal server error:
>> (EE) parse_vt_settings: Cannot open /dev/tty0 (Permission denied)
>> (EE)
>> (EE)
>> Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
>>           at http://wiki.x.org
>>   for help.
>> (EE) Please also check the log file at
>> "/home/pierre/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
>> (EE)
>> (EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
>> xinit: giving up
>> xinit: unable to connect to X server: Connection refused
>> xinit: server error
>> -----------
>>
>> Two unusual things for me:
>> - it seems xorg-server runs as user, or at least not as root
>> - the log file is not the usual /var/log/Xorg.0.log (maybe because of the
>> authorization problem...
>>
>> I've checked the pam files, nothing obvious (I use pwquality for passwords,
>> but I guess it has nothing to do with what is seen here.
>>
>> Do I need to add myself to a special group (wheel for example)?
>
> Wait! Check the build order. Was xorg protocol headers installed before
> elogind?

yes! Actually, it all commes from the fact that polkit was not a
'role="runtime"' dependency of elogind. So the jhalfs dependency handler chose
to build polkit before elogind (that was a circular dep, and jhalfs guessed
the wrong order). I've now fixed the book, but for my build, I moved elogind
just before polkit. Since polkit requires dbus, which recommends Xorg
libraries, the Xorg libraries (and xorgproto) had been built before elogind.

I just realized that I missed that dependency. The proto headers are
> not correct for systemd/elogind if that's the case. The good news is that I
> suspect that only the headers and xorg-server need to be reinstalled if that's
> the case. I don't think anything else is dependent on it.

Will try. Thanks

Pierre