On 26/06/2019 05:55, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
> On 6/25/19 9:54 PM, DJ Lucas via blfs-dev wrote:

>>> For me, yes.
>>>
>>> Fri 07 Jun 2019 06:00:59 PM CDT
>>> /usr/src/xc/prot-headers/xorgproto-2018.4.tar.bz2
>>> Sun 09 Jun 2019 11:16:29 AM CDT /usr/src/elogind/elogind-241.3.tar.gz
>>>
>>>   -- Bruce
>> Nope, sorry, it's not the headers, it's xtrans, so xorg-libs page. If xtrans
>> isn't built with sd-daemon.h present, then the tty selection will be messed.
>> It won't look to dbus (and polkit) for it's authorizations. So just rebuild
>> xtrans, and then xorg-server without suid, just the wrapper.
>
> Did that,  I do have  /usr/include/elogind/systemd/sd-daemon.h
> I did 'make clean' and then rebuilt/installed xtrans and xorg-server using the
> elogind instructions.   I still get a message that permission is denied when
> trying to open virtual console 7.  I just checked twm since it is the
> simplest.
>
>  When I pulled the patches after 241.1 was released with the
>> journal->syslog compatibility stuff, I just copied the original page and
>> forgot about the dependency. This will fix it, but I totally ruined Pierre's
>> test run for the deps I think. Dang it! Pierre, can you run just blfs-tool
>> without actually running the build to see how badly I messed up the
>> ordering. Looking at Bruce's build, it looks like they were two days apart,
>> but Bruce, correct me if I'm wrong, was running a manually scripted build.
>
> I have individual scripts for every package.  I was looking at each one so the
> test build was particularly time consuming.
>
> My full build log is at
> http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/~bdubbs/files/packages-SVN-20190603-frodo85.log
> so you can see exactly what I built and in what order, including a few
> do-overs.

OK, tried rebuilding xorgproto, xtrans, then xorg-server. That's not enough...
We have to fix it. Problem is, I must leave for a few days, and I cannot take
the VM with me (I take a laptop, but I do not have enough disk space to add a
55Gb file on it...)

What I'll do with the laptop is rebuilding just Xorg, and try with the new
order (elogind just after shadow and before anything Xorg related). If it
works, we'll have to think of the deps in the book...

I have to travel first, so do not expect any result before tomorrow.

Regards,

Pierre