Hi,

When compiling seamonkey, I got an error (since I've fixed it,
I've mucked the log, sorry, so this is not the exact error message):
gettid first declared extern (in /usr/include/bits/unistd_ext.h)
then declared static (in mozilla/tools/profiler/core/platform.h).

I got the same error in thunderbird (except there is no mozilla subdir,
so the offending file is tools/profiler/core/platform.h.

The reason is the following: mozilla/tools/profiler/core/platform.h
has a comment:
// We need a definition of gettid(), but Linux libc implementations don't
// provide a wrapper for it
and they define it as static inline.

But according to glibc-2.30 release notes:
* On Linux, the getdents64, gettid, and tgkill functions have been added.

So gettid shouldn't be redefined by seamonkey/thunderbird.

Now, I am amazed nobody has seen this before me.
Maybe I have something different in my mozconfig, so I attach it
(the seamonkey one)

Pierre
# If you have a multicore machine, all cores will be used by default.
# If desired, you can reduce the number of cores used, e.g. to 1, by
# uncommenting the next line and setting a valid number of CPU cores.
#mk_add_options MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS="-j1"

# If you have installed DBus-Glib comment out this line:
#ac_add_options --disable-dbus

# If you have installed dbus-glib, and you have installed (or will install)
# wireless-tools, and you wish to use geolocation web services, comment out
# this line
#ac_add_options --disable-necko-wifi

# Uncomment these lines if you have installed optional dependencies:
#ac_add_options --enable-system-hunspell
ac_add_options --enable-startup-notification

# Uncomment the following option if you have not installed PulseAudio
#ac_add_options --disable-pulseaudio
# and uncomment this if you installed alsa-lib instead of PulseAudio
#ac_add_options --enable-alsa

# Comment out following option if you have gconf installed
#ac_add_options --disable-gconf

# Comment out following options if you have not installed
# recommended dependencies:
ac_add_options --enable-system-sqlite
ac_add_options --with-system-libevent
ac_add_options --with-system-libvpx
ac_add_options --with-system-nspr
ac_add_options --with-system-nss
ac_add_options --with-system-icu

# The BLFS editors recommend not changing anything below this line:
ac_add_options --prefix=/usr
ac_add_options --enable-application=suite

ac_add_options --disable-crashreporter
ac_add_options --disable-updater
ac_add_options --disable-tests

ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-O2"
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --enable-install-strip

ac_add_options --enable-gio
ac_add_options --enable-official-branding
ac_add_options --enable-safe-browsing
ac_add_options --enable-url-classifier

# From firefox-40 (and the corresponding version of seamonkey),
# using system cairo caused seamonkey to crash
# frequently when it was doing background rendering in a tab.
# This appears to again work in seamonkey-2.49.2
ac_add_options --enable-system-cairo
ac_add_options --enable-system-ffi
ac_add_options --enable-system-pixman

ac_add_options --with-pthreads