On 8/18/19 9:36 PM, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 11:46:41PM +0100, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 04:44:30PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
On 8/18/19 4:00 PM, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:

i.e. <sect2 revision="systemd" role="kernel" id=elogind-kernel">
or will that break something ?

Probably OK for the most part, but the entire elogind sect1 is sysv only.

   -- Bruce

slapped-head.

Of course.

More to the point: I just started to try to prepare this on the
running 9.0-rc system.  On 5.2.8, CONFIG_MEMCFG is for some reason
not set (I've been trying different kernels / configs and went back
to an oldeer one when I was doing this build) but things seem to
work fine, although I definitely seemed to need that before.

So, for the moment only requiring CONFIG_CGROUPS=y and
CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y.

Just a comment here. When building a new kernel I start by copying my most recent config to .config and running 'make oldconfig'. I then consider new options as they are presented, but generally take the presented default. I just looked and all my configs going back to a 4.10 kernel have CONFIG_CGROUPS=y and CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y.

  -- Bruce