Le 23/03/2020 à 15:29, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev a écrit :
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 09:49:02PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:

>>> No.  I think we need a better way.

>>> Maybe that's not a issue.  But still, /run contains lots of sockets of
>>> running
>>> services.  That means now we can connect host services from the chroot
>>> environment.  Even if it's not dangerous to host, it's polluting the new LFS
>>> system.
>>>
>>> Consider /run/initctl.  We don't want something in chroot to switch the
>>> *host*
>>> to runlevel 1 :).
>>

> As a developer, I take the view that I'll do what I want with my
> machine, including shooting myself in the foot :)  For the book,
> yes, I take your point.
>
>> What about
>>
>>  mount -t tmpfs /run
>>
>> from within chroot?
>>
>>   -- Bruce
>
> I suspect that what is actually needed is /run/shm.  Will need to do
> some testing and stracing. ...

FWIIW, I've succesfully built FF with these two instructions added to what is
in lfs on the "Preparing Virtual Kernel File Systems" page:
ln -s /dev/shm /run
chmod a+wt /dev/shm

Note that:
The host is debian. Debian has:
drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 40 mars  26 08:48 /dev/shm
and
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 mars  23 21:29 /run/shm -> /dev/shm

but when /dev is (mount --bind)ed, /dev/shm becomes
drwxr-xr-x 21 root root 3900 mars  23 21:29 /mnt/lfs/dev

The change in permission on /dev/shm _is_ needed to allow the configuration to
run.

Note that I have not tried to just change the permission on /dev/shm and not
symlinking /run/shm to /dev.

Ah, I just launched a VM with lfs (9.1-rc1), and /dev/shm is exactly the same
as above (a directory with rwt permissions for all). And there is no /run/shm...

So my suspicion is that when we mount --bind /dev, we lose some permissions,
and those permissions are needed for FF. I'll have to try again without /run/shm

Will report
Pierre