On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 10:33:38PM +0200, Pierre Labastie via
blfs-dev wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-05-21 at 19:51 +0100, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
>
> Thanks for this detailed report. I've now patched transcode, but
> am not sure I did right. So if you get a chance to test it
> (transcode rebuilt with gcc 10, or at least with -fno-common), I'd
> be happy to hear about it.
>
> Pierre

I'll try to get to it, but it is a long way down my normal BLFS
build.  At the moment I'm only part way through chapter 6 of
cross-chap5, looking at tests which fail - some we are stuck with,
some apparently _I_ am stuck with (I posted to an upstream a little
while ago), others (well, at least one) can sanely be made to skip,
and some others have not appeared in my builds even before
cross-chap5.  But at the moment I'm merely encouraged that this will
be better than what we've been doing, not yet certain.

I think you asked about *how* to test any of these - you need a
CD/DVD drive and a video player (possibly xine, but parole or vlc
might be easier).  For HandBrake, build ghb and run it - it should
let you rip (at least) a whole program or chapter (DVD organization
varies, and some do nasty things to prevent ripping).

ĸen
--
Do you not know that, what you belittle by the name tree is but the
mere four-dimensional analogue of a whole multidimensional universe