On Jun 5, 2020 1:59 PM, "Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev" <
blfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Evidently upstream made a stealth update.  The original file was uploaded
Nov 2016 and was correct at the time.  The current file has a date of Dec
2016 and is about 2 KB larger than the previous version.

Bruce,
  I wouldn't put all blame on upstream. At some point the source tarball
change was detected and the book was updated with the new md5sum. The
mirrors should have been updated at that time also. I myself should have
caught this when I added it to my build scripts a couple years ago.