On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 01:20:52AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev
wrote:
> On 8/31/20 1:10 AM, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
> > The download link works, but the download is
> > xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin-xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin-0.4.3-9de2b7865ecb95bdd2cbaae00a17b23ae8455fe5.tar.bz2
> >
> > I wonder if we should remark on this - in places we remark on
> > directory names which do not match the tarball.  This one's
> > direcotry does match the tarball, but hte tarball name is
> > certainly not what I was expecting.
>
> Yes, it's pretty ugly.  I did put in a note about it.
>
>   -- Bruce

Ah, yeah, I see now 'This package extracts to a very non-standard
directory.' but I will argue that the directory, although very ugly,
is standard.  That is, it matches the tarball name.  It is the
tarball name which does not match what the link claims to download

(xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin-0.4.3/xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin-0.4.3.tar.bz2)

ĸen
--
Juliet's version of cleanliness was next to godliness, which was to
say it was erratic, past all understanding and was seldom seen.