On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 03:11:02PM +0800, Xi Ruoyao via blfs-dev wrote:
> On 2020-08-31 07:49 +0100, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 01:20:52AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev
> > wrote:

> > > Yes, it's pretty ugly.  I did put in a note about it.
> > >
> > >   -- Bruce
> > >
> > Ah, yeah, I see now 'This package extracts to a very non-standard
> > directory.' but I will argue that the directory, although very ugly,
> > is standard.  That is, it matches the tarball name.  It is the
> > tarball name which does not match what the link claims to download
> >
> > (xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin-0.4.3/xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin-0.4.3.tar.bz2)
>
> If wget is used to retrieve the file, the tarball name will be correct.  But
> if
> a browser is used, it will be wrong.

Right you are.  Thanks.

So, the user's options seem to be to use wget, and note that it will
unpack to a very long and ugly directory name, or use a browser and
get the same name in the tarball.  The joys of github.

I've no idea how best to phrase that, and I'm hoping to go to bed so
I don't think I'll have anything to add re phraseology.

Meanwhile I've got a weird local problem with my libreoffice script:
it claims to have added --disable-skia to the build, but the log
from autogen suggests it has instead added my old --enable-lto (had
that originally, supposedly replaced it by --disable-skia).

Meanwhile, it has been building for something like an hour and a
quarter - previous attempts failed quickly when clang hit my
-fstack-clash-protection, so I'm hopeful but perplexed.

ĸen
--
Juliet's version of cleanliness was next to godliness, which was to
say it was erratic, past all understanding and was seldom seen.