On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 04:15:09PM +0100, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 09:04:53AM +0200, Pierre Labastie via blfs-dev wrote:
> >
> > When we find something like that, couldn't we use:
> > grep -rl '#!.*python' | xargs sed -i
> > '1{s/python$/python3/;s/python[^3]/python3}'
> >
> > or so?
> > Of course, P2 only scripts would still fail, but at least, nothing
> > would depend on a python symlink.
> >
> > Pierre
> >

> For tests (I had made the symlink for 3 and rebuilt before reading your
> mail, they are currently running) I don't think it matters a great
> deal.  I'm more concerned about installed scripts (in other
> packages) which may randomly fail at runtime.

Last night I used
 grep -rl '#!.*python' | xargs sed -i '1s/python$/python3/'
and it took just over half a second, so I thought "good enough"

Today, whilst waiting for yet another rustc build to complete, I
thought "wouldn't it be better to only alter this one test script?"
followed by "But maybe there are others that didn't showup in my
config?"

So I took a look on an idle machine: 137 scripts, mostly utils.  So
that mass change does need to happen.

ĸen
--
The people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them: I work
all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba.