al...@verizon.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Current BLFS (HTML) Book.
> Chapter 15. Networking Programs > wpa_supplicant-0.7.3
>
> IMHO, I think the existence of "&&" at the end of the first line of the
> here-document,
> cat > .config << "HERE_DOC" &&
> is not desired.
>
> However, to make use of the concept, if one feels
> there's a need for some characters after
> "HERE_DOC",
> then maybe something like
> cat > .config << "HERE_DOC" ; echo $?
> would be an useful choice by displaying the completion status of the full
> command (once the user gets to hit Enter after the final "HERE_DOC" line)

The && is used to automatically run 'make' after the creation of the
.config file and the syntax is correct.  I will say that different
editors have slightly different styles.  In most places where we create
files with 'here' sysntax, we use EOF, not HERE_DOC, but that's just a
minor style issue.

   -- Bruce