On 07/18/2012 05:08 PM, John Burrell wrote:

>>> I think I'd have to email it to you because it's more that 50 KB. Is that
>>> okay?
>>
>> Sure, no problem. Note that you can always compress the log. xz -9 can
>> work very well. I only need log from last boot (or any other where issue
>> occours).
>

> I tared the kern.log file and attach it here. It came down from 123 KB to 17
> KB.
>

> I removed the blacklist file and booted the system. This is the resulting log
> after
> SysRq+s, u and then b as Ken suggested.

Hm ... You know, everything seems great. However, I didn't see any
information about dell_laptop module. Just wmi.

Are CONFIG_DELL_LAPTOP and CONFIG_DELL_WMI set as Y or M in your kernel
config?

Anyways, you can try adding acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor to your
kernel command line. I doubt it will change anything, but it's worth a
try. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.