> Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 23:10:35 -0300
> From: Fernando de Oliveira <fam...@yahoo.com.br>
> To: BLFS Support List <blfs-support@linuxfromscratch.org>
> Subject: Re: [blfs-support] Suggestions on Desktop Environment
>
> Forgot to answer (partially) your question: search just for a WM, see
> what they look like in their sites, and what is needed to install them,
> and go for one. Then you will have something to play with, and then can
> decide how much time and effort you want to spend for the next move.

 - if I may suggest additionally (sorry Fernando, don't mean to be gainsaying
your posts), might be easier if you try the environments out using one or two
distros that support them out-of-the-box, rather than compiling from scratch
in order to try them out. Ceretainly Slackware 14.1 has kde/xfce/plus-others,
and not Gnome; is easy to switch from one DE/WM to another; try each out for a
coupla days/weeks at a time, and see how you go. For Gnome &c, try to use a
distro that doesn't mangle it to their own ends too much.

hth,

akh