Le 07/03/2014 10:11, lux-integ a écrit :
> Greetings,
>
> I have recently been dabbling with 2 virtualiisation programs on linux.  These
> are qemu/kvm ( http://www.qemu.org http://www.linux-kvm.org ) and VirtualBox
> ( http://www.virtualbox.org ).  Both install as host on a typical LFS setup I
> use  ( cpu =amd64, pure 64bit build, kernel-3.10.something )..  Both have
> 'menus'  for installing   standard linux 'distros' (i.e. from opticalDisks as
> guest-OS. BUT I want to use lfs/blfs as a guest.  I am spoilt by its stability
> and knowing-where-things-are etc.. Here are some questions.   to which aswers
> and comments to would be welcomed:-
>
> --Is there a way to install lfs/blfs as guestOS on  typcal virtualisation
> setups using say qemu or virtualBox?
I do not know much about virtualbox, but can give some pointers
about qemu:
I do not know exactly what you mean with the item above: Do you want to:
(i)  build LFS/BLFS in the virtual machine, or
(ii) just have it as a guest OS, after building it on the host machine?

For (i), the best is to install a standard distro on the virtual machine,
then build LFS/BLFS with this distro.

For (ii), you can:
- copy an existing LFS/BLFS to a virtual disk (using for example
qemu-img), or
- use qemu-nbd to see a virtual disk as a system disk, and build to that
disk
(you need the nbd kernel module, and the nbd-client utility).
> --is it possible to install the guest blfsOS  first then install the hostOS
> then  somehow containorise the guest  to run   as a user process????

I think qemu as a "user" mode, which does just that. I have not much
played with it.

Regards
Pierre