On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 10:37:47AM +0000, Richard Melville wrote:
> On 31 October 2014 10:28, Igor Živković <cont...@igor-zivkovic.from.hr>
> wrote:
>
> > https://github.com/GNU-Pony/netcfg/
> >
> > Also you could check out ConnMan as an alternative to that piece of crap
> > you're contemplating to use. :-)
>

> Yes, I too have a profound dislike of NetworkManager.  I don't have a need
> for such a tool on my *LFS systems at present but, if and when I do, I was
> planning on trying ConnMan.
>
> Richard

 I've already built NM, it's shedload of dependencies, and nm-applet.
I've even got the applet sitting on xfce's panel, and it says
"Networking Disabled" when I mouse over it (and most of the fields
in the connection editor were greyed-out).

 I'll take a look at ConnMan - I just need something for when I'm
out and about with the netbook.

 Got to finish my first backup before I do that, rsync has only been
running for about thirteen hours so far (using wired eth0 and nfs),
I expect it will take a lot longer - I seem to have 7.5GB used in
'/'. :-)

ĸen