>Normally, I would suggest that you use the current release of firefox
>(49) because *every* new release fixes vulnerabilities, but I don't
>think the build system has changed much since FF48 so moving to FF49
>will not change the build problem.
>I still have no idea why your first build reported the unicode
>error, although it seems there have been a lot of similar problems
>in Python-2.7 over the years.  My scripted builds use
> export LC_ALL=C
>but I have made several manual builds with LC_ALL=en_GB.UTF-8 and
>not seen anything like your error.
>I suppose that using clean source and setting LC_ALL might fix it.
>I know that there are a lot of references to xx_YY.utf8 values, but
>xx_YY.UTF-8 always looks safer - my build log from glibc shows
>en_US.UTF-8... done

Yes. If I set "LC_ALL=C" before "make -f client.mk", the problem is also fixed.

I checked my "locale" output and LC_ALL was not set:

LANG=en_US.utf8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.utf8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.utf8"
LC_TIME="en_US.utf8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.utf8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.utf8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.utf8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.utf8"
LC_NAME="en_US.utf8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.utf8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.utf8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.utf8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.utf8"
LC_ALL=
-- 
http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/listinfo/blfs-support
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to