On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 10:12:32AM +0800, hykw...@sina.com wrote:
> >Normally, I would suggest that you use the current release of firefox
> >(49) because *every* new release fixes vulnerabilities, but I don't
> >think the build system has changed much since FF48 so moving to FF49
> >will not change the build problem.
> >I still have no idea why your first build reported the unicode
> >error, although it seems there have been a lot of similar problems
> >in Python-2.7 over the years.  My scripted builds use
> > export LC_ALL=C
> >but I have made several manual builds with LC_ALL=en_GB.UTF-8 and
> >not seen anything like your error.
> >I suppose that using clean source and setting LC_ALL might fix it.
> >I know that there are a lot of references to xx_YY.utf8 values, but
> >xx_YY.UTF-8 always looks safer - my build log from glibc shows
> >en_US.UTF-8... done
>
> Yes. If I set "LC_ALL=C" before "make -f client.mk", the problem is also
> fixed.
>
> I checked my "locale" output and LC_ALL was not set:
>
> LANG=en_US.utf8
> LC_CTYPE="en_US.utf8"
> LC_NUMERIC="en_US.utf8"
> LC_TIME="en_US.utf8"
> LC_COLLATE="en_US.utf8"
> LC_MONETARY="en_US.utf8"
> LC_MESSAGES="en_US.utf8"
> LC_PAPER="en_US.utf8"
> LC_NAME="en_US.utf8"
> LC_ADDRESS="en_US.utf8"
> LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.utf8"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.utf8"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.utf8"
> LC_ALL=

From http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xbd/envvar.html

"LC_ALL

This variable determines the values for all locale categories. The
value of the LC_ALL environment variable has precedence over any
of the other environment variables starting with LC_ (LC_COLLATE,
LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES, LC_MONETARY, LC_NUMERIC, LC_TIME) and the
LANG environment variable."

So, setting it forces everything, which is why I like it.  It
alomost sounds as if en_US.utf8 (compared to en_US.UTF-8) is NOT a
valid locale - but 'locale -a' only lists '.utf8 variants, not the
.UTF-8 ).

Anyway, you can now build 49.0 (or 49.0.1 which fixed some windows
problems).

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods