On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 12:00:56PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Pierre Labastie wrote:
> >
> > I'll change that to:
> > ----------
> > An example is export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> > ----------
> > As part of the upcoming LXQt update.
>
> Why do you prefer UTF-8 over utf8?  In `locale -a` all entries are utf8.

There is apparently a problem in configuring firefox-48 if the
en_US.utf8 locale is used.

There are a lot of similar issues over the years where python2 is
used, and firefox moved to configure.py a while ago.  I have
suggested that python doesn't regard the .utf8 locales as valid,
although it is happy with .UTF-8.

And the problem arose because of that example.

More details in the thread, or in the mail archive.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods