On 17/11/2017 09:26, Vaclav Masin wrote:

Hello,

as the title suggests - mp4 videos don't seem to play for me since FF 57. See this test site for an example: https://www.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html - the other two videos play just fine but not the first one. Used to work in FF 56 and before without any issues.

I get this message in the dev console: 'Specified “type” attribute of “video/mp4” is not supported. Load of media resource ../videos/big_buck_bunny.mp4 failed' or on some other sites messages like this: 'The video on this page can’t be played. Your system may not have the required video codecs for: video/mp4;codecs="avc1.4d400d mp4a.40.2" ... ...'.

What is your video hardware? I have intel integrated graphics, and LFS/BLFS development, and all 3 videos work (thanks for the link, that makes a good test). Sorry, I know that "it works for me" is not very useful, but at least we can compare what we have and what not.

I tried upgrading to ffmpeg 3.4 as per the dev version of The BLFS Book, also a couple of the decoding libraries I could think of like libx264 and libx265 but so far no luck.

What about libva (recompile ffmpeg after upgrading libva)?

My base system is LFS/BLFS 7.10 (with a touch of BLFS 7.9 to get the old KDE4 running but that's probably beyond the point).

As I'm slowly running out of (my arguably a rather limited range of) ideas, would anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

That's all I can think of now.

Pierre