> Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 12:25 PM
> From: rhubarbpie...@gmail.com
> To: "BLFS Support (no HTML)" <blfs-supp...@linuxfromscratch.org>
> Subject: [blfs-support] xdg-utils - config.status: WARNING:
> 'scripts/Makefile.in' seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting - BLFS 8.2
>

> I receive "config.status: WARNING: 'scripts/Makefile.in' seems to ignore
> the --datarootdir setting" when compiling xdg-utils.  Can this error be
> ignored?
>
> I also receive:
>
>     xmlto:
> /compiler/xdg-utils-1.1.2/scripts/html/../desc/xdg-desktop-menu.xml does
> not validate (status 3)
>     xmlto: Fix document syntax or use --skip-validation option
>
> I don't understand what's causing the error and I see no
> '--skip-validation' configuration option in xdg-utils or xmlto.
> Where/how do I skip validation?  And if I do so, am I simply ignoring a
> problem?
>
> I mistakenly though I fixed my xdg-utils problems but I'm struggling
> with the package.
>

> --

Hello,

Your not the only one who had to fight this.  I was getting the exact same
error.  I had to remove the system entries for docbook-4.5 docbookxml and
re-install and re-create the catalogues.  Only after I had
done that did this package successfully compile and install for me.

Regards,

Christopher.