I upgraded upower to version 0.99.7 but then could no longer suspend with the command "dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest='org.freedesktop.UPower' /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend", as it gives the error "Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: No such method 'Suspend' ".

So I put the older version of upower back.

Google search shows that this is "because UPower has been superseded by
Systemd.Logind".

So without systemd, what methods have y'all used to work around this?

Wayne Sallee
wa...@waynesallee.com
http://www.WayneSallee.com