Hi all,

I am in the process of building *qemu-4.1.0 *according to the BLFS book
instructions. However, I am encountering a build issue at the section for "
*linuxboot_dma.o*" :

*CC      pc-bios/optionrom/linuxboot_dma.oIn file included from
/usr/include/features.h:474,                 from
/usr/include/bits/libc-header-start.h:33,                 from
/usr/include/stdint.h:26,                 from
/usr/src/blfs/vm/qemu-4.1.0/pc-bios/optionrom/linuxboot_dma.c:65:/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:11:
fatal error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or directory    7 | # include
<gnu/stubs-32.h>      |           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~compilation
terminated.make[1]: *** [/usr/src/blfs/vm/qemu-4.1.0/rules.mak:69:
linuxboot_dma.o] Error 1make: *** [Makefile:519: pc-bios/optionrom/all]
Error 2*

I am not sure what the issue is, as I installed all of the required,
recommended, and optional dependencies for qemu prior to starting the build.

The only information I have been able to gather online is suggestions to
install the "glibc-devel" package, but obviously that can't be done on LFS
using the package manager instructions listed on those forums.

I have already made the mistake of trying to rebuild GLibc from LFS once in
the past, and I have no desire to do so again. So I wanted to ask around
and see if anyone else has also experienced this error, and if so how to go
about fixing it?

I am hoping it is a simple issue with a dependency not being built with a
needed feature or something, but I am also willing to rebuild the GCC
compiler if it comes to that. However, if the issue is with GLibc and
nothing else will fix the issue, I will cut my losses and concede with not
having qemu on my build.

Thanks,

Jared