> Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 11:13 AM
> From: "Pierre Labastie via blfs-support"
> <blfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
> To: blfs-support@lists.linuxfromscratch.org
> Cc: "Pierre Labastie" <pierre.labas...@neuf.fr>

Hello Pierre,

I managed to burn a debian live dvd by "burning" a live dvd onto my 8 gig usb
stick.

The results of your command are:

root@debian:/var/lib/dpkg# lsmod | while read module notused; do if [ -z
"$(find $LFS/lib/modules/$VERSION/ -name ${module}\*)" ]; then if ! grep -q
$module $LFS/lib/modules/$VERSION/modules.builtin; then echo $module is
missing; fi; fi; done

Module is missing
dm_mod is missing
fscrypto is missing
rfcomm is missing
bnep is missing
snd_hda_codec_realtek is missing
snd_hda_codec_generic is missing
snd_hda_codec_hdmi is missing
snd_hda_intel is missing
snd_hda_codec is missing
joydev is missing
snd_hda_core is missing
snd_hwdep is missing
snd_pcm is missing
kvm_amd is missing
ansi_cprng is missing
ccp is missing
snd_timer is missing
sp5100_tco is missing
ppdev is missing
parport_pc is missing
rng_core is missing
pcc_cpufreq is missing
parport is missing
acpi_cpufreq is missing
wmi_bmof is missing
serio_raw is missing
pcspkr is missing
crct10dif_pclmul is missing
crc32_pclmul is missing
ghash_clmulni_intel is missing
squashfs is missing
zstd_decompress is missing
xxhash is missing
overlay is missing
uas is missing
usb_storage is missing
hid_generic is missing
crc32c_intel is missing
ohci_pci is missing
i2c_algo_bit is missing
aesni_intel is missing
pata_atiixp is missing
aes_x86_64 is missing
crypto_simd is missing
cryptd is missing
glue_helper is missing
i2c_piix4 is missing
xhci_pci is missing
ohci_hcd is missing
xhci_hcd is missing
ehci_pci is missing
ehci_hcd is missing
usb_common is missing
wmi is missing

I need to add that debian is running the 4.x series of kernel.

I have no idea if the "is missing" modules would be causing the kernel to not
create /dev/sr0 or not.  When I attempted to create the dev using mknod, after
it was created, it gave an error that /dev/sr0 is not a valid block device, so
that did not solve anything unfortunately.  I did try the sed for the udev
rule, and that also made no difference.

There is no /dev/cdrom created either, so I have absolutely no idea where to go
from here.

I have most of my required modules installed directly into the kernel rather
than as a seperate module that can be inserted using insmod.

Regards,

Christopher.