Le 15/01/2020 à 21:27, Alan Feuerbacher via blfs-support a écrit :
> I just built the updated git-2.25.0 and ran the tests. The BLFS book says that
> running them as a normal user should produce no failures, but I immediately
> get this error:
>
> cat: version: Permission denied
>
> /bin/sh: GIT-BUILD-OPTIONS+: Permission denied
>
> But if I run the tests as root, all tests pass.
>
> I don't know if this is a problem.

Hmmm, Maybe you can try to figure out this one by yourself: first check who is
the owner of a "version" file, or GIT-BUILD-OPTIONS file (or file whose name
begin with version or GIT-BUILD-OPTIONS), explore your build tree, checking
for anything that could prevent a normal user to access the files, etc...

Pierre