Many printers these days are all-in-one units that combine the features of a printer, scanner, copier and fax into a single unit. Avoid such models if possible and stick with a dedicated printer because all-in-one units often have LCD displays with menus that are impossible to navigate without sighted help. If you need a printer mainly for producing letters, reports and other typed documents, a basic monochrome laser printer would probably be your best bet. Brother and Samsung offer very good monochrome laser printers for under $100. Remember, that the more bells and whistles a printer contains, the less likely it is to be usable without sighted help.

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Milos Przic" <milos.pr...@gmail.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 7:05 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Buying a printer

  Hi all,
I diceded to buy a printer. I have never had one, so I don't know much about them. I want to choose between Hp 1102 and Canon LBP 6000. My question is, what are the differences in the terms of accessibility?
Best regards, and thanks in advance!
         Milos Przic
msn: milos.pr...@gmail.com
skype: Milosh-hs