From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com]On Behalf Of
Rick Justice
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 10:15 AM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Buying a printer

Hi Al,
They do have printers that connect wirelessly,but that is
what I was wanting
to avoid.
With a wireless connection, if the connection drops for some
reason, you
have no way to access the printer for troubleshooting.
As for the faxing and copying, I have been using both a
stand-alone printer
and stand-alone scanner in conjunction with OpenBook for
quite a few years, and have been able to accomplish what I
need to do.
Also, I have found that the all-in-one units that I tried
were too large to
fit my situation, and did not perform as well as my current
setup.
I prefer the individual units, also from a service
standpoint.
For instance, With an all-in-one, if the printer fails, and
it requires
servicing, then you are also left without the other
functions of the device.
HTH,
Rick Justice