>From what I have seen personally it's kind of a strange interface, but the
functionality seems about the same.
David Ferrin
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones
that mind don't matter.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Robbins" <arobb...@nycap.rr.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Window's 7 or 8

Mark,

Thanks for the opinion, hoping to get more. I think Window's
7 will be supported for several years, at least the life
span of the new computer. The reason I'm hesitating on 8 is
I hate having any new technology as soon as it is released.
Despite all testing etc. there invariably is problems with a
new release. I am also concerned with all the fuss and
feathers over no start button and menu. I have no idea what
this Metro thing is they discuss and have difficulty
understanding a computer not booting to a desktop. Of course
all of this is based on the fact I've always had this on any
PC I've owned and I'm sure I would get used to it

Al