From: Blind-Computing [mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Mujtaba Merchant
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 7:28 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Tables on Webpages

Hello,

I write to seek your assistance on this issue I am trying to resolve. On
many webpages I come across tables that are not structured as tables, yet
they appear and are identified by JAWS as tables. I can navigate them using
the navigation keys for tables, but I can't get JAWS to read the column
headings. I tried to get into table layer mode, JAWS KEY + SPACEBAR + T, but
this too does not help in announcing the column headings/ titles.

Any suggestions on how I can be helped in this situation will be highly
appreciated.

Mujtaba Merchant

Bangalore, India