From: "Alan Robbins" <arobb...@nycap.rr.com>
To: "Blind-Computing" <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:51 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] XP to Win 7

Most of my home network is already Win 7. However I still have an old
Acer computer that meets Win 7 OS specs and I'd like to put a copy of
Win 7 on it to use as a backup. If XP was not being discontinued in a
year I'd just leave as is.

Now for the challenge and hopefully some list advice. Since it is an
Acer computer the unit came with XP preinstalled along with a bunch of
stuff. So I do not have a driver disk with all necessary drivers for
the system. I know I could go with a Win 7 upgrade but I have never
been a proponent of that. I feel that is just asking to migrate any
issues I've ever had on the XP box into the Win  7 OS. I favor  a
clean install over a freshly formatted drive. I believe in the past I
had read of some software available that could be run on an existing
OS and copy all necessary drivers to an export file or CD? Otherwise I
don't know of any way to get the drivers off the factory restore disk.

Thanks,

Al