Actually, as I remember it, James North did keep us updated when delays cropped up. Most of the delays dealt with bugs in the games, and I thought that the delays were justified. As for the last batch of games after the company name change, I think that we should have gotten lur money back when he closed up shop out of anger. We had been waiting for 3 or 4 years. Thomas Ward took the games over from Josh de Lioncourt if I remember correctly. I haven't heard from Josh in quite some time, and Thomas is, unfortunately, not with us lowly Earthlings anymore.

-----Original Message----- From: Shaun Everiss
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2017 2:59 PM
To: blind-gamers@groups.io
Subject: Re: James North - Re: [blind-gamers] A Hero's Call question

<sigh>

Have everyone forgotthe disaster which james north became?

Now james north was a nice guy that decided after esp softworks had sold
a lot of arcade games that he wanted a change and sold the company to
what eventually became draconis.

He should never had done that, up till then he was doing fine but wanted
more.

So he created some new games under his company, he set a preorder for
everything, and a few people payed for his stuff.

We waited and waited, and waited, the games past the release date.

We asked him and asked him off and on and wandered at it.

For 5 years the community waited, finaly those that had preordered
started to wander if they would ever get their games, some going as far
as to ask their banks for refunds.

Sure there were probably some whiners but probably far less than there
are now.

Between those times he never told us what was going on or what was
really going on.

Maybe someones or a group of them became totally bad and assholish at
him, but to the outsider player that was hanging on he suddenly decided
to flip for no reason, burn out and rage quit the scene.

Maybe something was going on, maybe people were nasty at him, but it had
to be more than that, no news, nothing for ages.

True a lot of devs do this but to be honest, from then on no one
releases stuff unless they are sure it will be out on that day.

Users especially those that preorder games want their games.

Thomas ward tried, he died!, no one will ever get their games now.

I don't know if I would really want to be james north and come back.

There are people that would really like to flame him out for those games
we have never even gotten.

He owes the community big.

He never informed us, I guess if he is more open and lets us know what
is going on, then maybe.

He lost all the trust though, I my self was never nasty with him, I
asked him once about stuff and he just flipped.

We are better without him now.

If he comes back, maybe we will be nice, maybe not.

There are at least 4-5 unreleased games and some of them have been
ordered by several players, with no refunds or anything.

Thats how I understand that history.