It's supposed to be available in the stern lumber yard through one of
the quests and I've been trying to come up with that for the past few
weeks and didn't manage it yet.  Best go for the cliff caves first and
build dexterity before you try tackling the treasury.  Both quests are
in the stern lumber yard.  I've tended the bar several times and haven't
been able to accumulate enough gold to buy the ship either.