I have also noticed lately between levels and at the end  that the
sound will stop playing and the game will become unresponsive.
I can fix this issue by resetting the sounds.
Also the game seems to get really laggy with sounds after a bit.
My only theory is that the sounds are loaded every time they need to
play so maybe tney need to be in memmory and just loop but who knows.
They are in a compressed file.
I'd still like the ability to mod the game in particular I'd really
like the second version of the sod 1 sounds by locutus to be put in as
an extra thing.