NB: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice
which can be viewed at http://www.sars.gov.za/Email_Disclaimer.pdf

----
Hi
Sorry for replying so late to this message. I'm busy reading all my
mails that I have kept from last year. My  mailbox is not so big, I have
only 20 mb and I don't have the time to read and respond to long threads
of posts, as I have limited time at work to read and write private
mails..
Phil, are you using eloquence for sarah or are you   using sappi?
I might be wrong, but as far as I understand sappi and elequoence is the
only synthesizers used in games. For example, l-works uses  eloquence in
egg hunt and jim kitchen uses sappi.


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: 03 January 2006 05:30 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re:RE: audyssey: Sarah and the Castle of Witchcraft and
Wizardry.

Hi Brandon
I think everyone including myself would like to use human actors for the
games but there are several problems with humans.
1. their voices change so they have to do many re-reads to get the same
tone
and pace.
2. Recording humans takes more editing than a synthesizer especially if
the
human isn't in a recording studio. I spent hours editing out cars and
airplanes from my human voice recordings.
3. If you need a new sentence at midnight a synthesizer is right there
to
help.
4. Synthesizers cost less than humans.
5. synthesizer  voices do not change so it will be the same today as it
was
ten years ago.

When I was doing games with real human voices and I did eight games this
way, it would take a week to do what  I can do in an hour with a
synthesizer.
So to do what I did in Sarah would take an extra two years if using
human
voices.
Or it would cost me lots of money hiring professional voices and a
recording
studio.
Sincerely,
Phil


to leave send a blank Email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You can contact the list owners/moderators by Emailing [EMAIL PROTECTED]
to go nomail send a blank message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
change "nomail" to "normal" to resume messages. 

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindgamers/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 




Reply via email to