From: "R & S Enterprises" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Defrosting a chest freezer

As someone mentioned the use of a hair dryer speeds things along.  I also
use a board and with light hammer taps can dislodge the ice on the sidewalls
after some time blowing the hot air on the metal sides rather than the ice.
Get the metal warmed, or plastic and it melts the bond to the ice making it
easy to knock it loose so you can remove huge chunks rather than waiting for
everything to melt.
Remember I said light taps on a board against the ice.
Ron