William, you're toying with the emotions of a vulnerable and desperate man!
I've just made the gut-wrenching decision to rid my life of all UHUP
(Useless hardware of Unknown Purpose).  I need support!  Not temptation!

Not only am I going to throw this stuff away, I'm going to do it with a
vengeance.  I'm not simply going to place it in a dumpster, I'm going to
slam it into that dumpster like a stuffed basketball at the buzzer!  I'm
going to whistle while I work.  I'm going to go about this with a
tooth-gnashing sneer on my face.  Hah!  Take that, you crappy old 2-foot
piece of conduit!  You thought you could just lay around my workshop,
useless, good for nothing, leftover from a project almost 20 years ago!
Well, time's up.  No more rolling out into my work space, no more tripping
me.  You're outa here!

I've seen the light... Or, at least I hope to, once the windowsill in my
basement workshop is freed from its clutter.

I feel better already.  I know all this clutter has been laughing at me
behind my back for years.  Oh sure, when I open the door and turn on the
light, everything's quiet, nothing moves.  But, when I leave, that's when it
starts.  All that junk is down there, moving around, finding new ways to
trip me up.  Well, I've had it!  No more!  This clutter is gonna be sorry it
ever had the audacity to invade Barry Levine's workshop.

--Barry