Max, I have been able to plug in mics that have standard mini jacks,
1/8-in plugs, into sound cards that I have had through the years and
they have worked.  I know some sounds cards have rca plugs and others
have different size jacks other than the 1/8-in plug.

earlier, Max Robinson, wrote:
>I'm not one to be stumped about things like this but I'm forced to throw in
>the towel and ask for help.  A couple of weeks ago I bought a head set with
>a microphone at Staples.  The mic wouldn't work with my computer.  Then I
>found it wouldn't work with my mixer, a tape recorder, or a portable PA
>speaker.  Concluding the mic was bad I took it back.  Today I bought another
>head set at Wal-Mart.  Upon testing I find that it doesn't work with
>anything I plug it into.  The odds of getting two bad mics in a row are
>pretty small although possible.  Does anybody have any theories, S W A G s,
>or shots in the dark?
>
>Regards.
>
>Max.  K 4 O D S.
>
>To subscribe to my group send an email to,
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Antique electronics site: http://www.funwithtubes.net.
>Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com.
>

>To listen to the show archives go to link
>  http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
>or
>ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/
>
>The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
>http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday
>
>The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
>http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml
>
>Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions
> From Various List Members At The Following Address:
>http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/
>Visit the new archives page at the following address
>http://www.mail-archive.com/blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com/
>For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy
>Man list just send a blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Yahoo! Groups Links

John

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: