A spiral saw will work, as well.

--Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of clifford
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 6:55 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Cutting a curve

Dear Dan:
    Using a router in the same way as you describe for a jig-saw will also
work.  If you choose to go the jig-saw rout, you will need to turn the
jig-saw slightly toward the center of the circle.  I used this same
technique a few years ago, and if you have the saw at ninety degrees to the
center, the saw will pull away and in my case bend the blade.  Using a
router avoids the problem which is created when a jig-saw blade attempts to
go in a straight line.

                Yours Truly,

                Clifford Wilson